What We Do
- Providing a collective voice to promote public policies that improve health status and meet the needs of communities throughout the Hudson Valley region.
- Financial Strength
- Developing programs and support activities that assist members in maintaining and improving the financial resources to carry out their missions.
- Strategic Planning
- Developing a shared view of the future role, configuration, and financing of health care, which will promote planned change to improve the efficiency, economy, and effectiveness of the delivery of quality health care services.
- Policy Assessment
- Identifying key policy issues that confront health care, providing analysis, and developing innovative approaches to deal with the collective interests of the membership.
- Data Collection, Analysis, and Dissemination
- Serving as a source for the collection, analysis, interpretation, and dissemination of accurate data and other information for management and policy analysis for members.
- Facilitating the exchange of ideas among members and allied organizations, by disseminating information and providing avenues for member response on key regulatory, legislative, and policy issues.
- Public Information
- Influencing the public's opinion and understanding of regional and related health care issues.
- Providing educational programs and forums to meet the management and professional interests of health care personnel, including chief executives, fiscal officers, other administrators, trustees, and the public.
- Shared Services
- Facilitating cost savings through group purchasing of services and other shared undertakings on behalf of the NorMet membership.